About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

It's About To Get Wild, Baby!


We recently celebrated the upcoming birth of a co-worker's first child.  She's having a little boy.  As a fellow boy mom myself, I wanted to give her something special.  As I said, I have a little boy myself and in addition to all the typical baby stuff, one of my favorite things I have for my son is a journal I keep on my bedside.  I don't use this journal to record milestones or to document our days -- I have his scrapbooks for that.  Instead in this journal, I write down all the funny / crazy things my son says and does.  If you are a fellow boy mom, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.  Boys get into all sorts of craziness and come up with some of the funniest things to say.  Nothing against girls, but I just don't remember my sisters (9 & 12 years younger than me) doing/saying anything like my son does.

Anyways, back to the gift.... I bought my co-worker a cute journal and pen to keep by her bedside for documenting her son's adventures.  In the card, I shared my thoughts on writing down the things that make her smile or laugh as it's too easy to forget those little moments as life is flying by.



I added a small cardstock "bookplate" to the first page in the journal so she could write her son's name in her own handwriting.


Supplies used:
*Georgie paper packet
*12" x 12" Canary cardstock
*12" x 12" Champagne cardstock
*12" x 12" Sapphire cardstock
*12" x 12" Whisper cardstock
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*5 1/2" X 4 1/4" white cards & envelopes, value pack
*Wild Wonders stamp set
*Slate Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Black Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Grey Enamel Gems

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, design with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!