About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Charlotte Springtime Wishes With Sympathy


For many papercrafters, sympathy cards tend to be the hardest to make, but the most important to send.  There is something so special about the added touch of a handmade card that can help comfort family and friends during the toughest times of their lives.  However, there is a fine line to follow when creating such cards -- which is part of why they are so hard to design / create.  You want to be respectful and comforting, but not overly blah and boring.  To achieve this look, I personally find it best to use a subtle color palette with soft / minimal designs.  This is why I chose to use the Charlotte paper packet along with the Springtime Wishes stamp set and thin cut die set.


To create the floral cluster, I first cut the flowers and foliage using the thin cuts and my Cuttlebug.  Then, I added the stamped images using the coordinating stamp set and Whisper ink.  Finally, I used my sponge wedges to apply Sorbet and Champagne ink to the flowers as well as Whisper ink to the foliage.  I used a gentle circular motion to rub the color from the inside of the flowers outward.  This helped keep the intensity of the color in the center. 

As I do many times, I stamped a coordinating image on the envelope for that added handmade touch.  I simply used Sorbet ink along with the same larger flower I used on the card.


Supplies used:
*Charlotte paper packet
*Springtime Wishes stamp set
*Springtime Wishes thin cuts
*Sincere Expressions stamp set
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*White Daisy card base & envelope
*Champagne Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sorbet Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Whisper Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Bling gems gold assortment

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, design with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!