About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Papercrafters Don't Let Family *BUY* Cards


Saturday morning, my mom called me in a rush -- she was heading to a 100th birthday party and running behind.  She needed to stop by my house to grab some pictures she had asked me to print for her, and then she had to run to the store for a birthday card.  After we hung up the phone, I couldn't stop thinking about her "buying" a card.  Why??  Why was she "buying" a card?  Why should anyone in my family "buy" a card?  I make cards -- why do they "buy" cards??  Papercrafters don't let family BUY cards.

Knowing I had less that 20 minutes to come up with a design, pull out my supplies, and make a card, I turned to Google for ideas.  I found a simple card that would be quick and easy to CASE, but still look elegant and pretty enough for a sweet family friend's 100th birthday.

I love the white-on-white-on-white look of this card.  And the washi tape gift box... LOVE LOVE LOVE!  There are so many fun things you can do with washi tape.

And if you look closely, you'll see a sneak peek of a new product to coming to Close to My Heart in January.


Supplies used:
*Just to Say stamp set (Artfully Sent exclusive)
*Typeface alphabet stamp set (retired)
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*White Daisy card base & envelope
*Black Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Black & gold ribbon
*VersaMark ink pad
*Craft Heater
*Ranger Princess Gold Embossing Powder


*Scotch Expressions washi tape - gold
*Scotch Expression washi tape - gold vintage rose

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!