About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Oh Baby! -- It's a Boy


The same weekend of my friend's wedding I posted about yesterday, I was in Wisconsin celebrating the upcoming birth of my cousin's little boy.  It was a quick trip, but for family, it is always worth the travel!  My sisters and I left Friday afternoon and came back to Michigan on Saturday afternoon.  It was the first time we have ever roadtrip-ed with just the 4 of us.  Lots of laughs, a little traffic, and definitely lots of fun!  And as if the 5-hour road trip wasn't enough, my aunt and uncle were gracious enough to host the 4 of us in addition to 5 other family members in town for the baby shower.  11 of us under one roof... overnight...??  Talk about laughter and fun!


Since my cousin lives in California and had to fly in for her shower, we decided to give her a gift card so she didn't have to deal with shipping her gifts back to L.A.  To still make "unwrapping" out gift fun, I made a shaker card and super cute pop-up gift card tag.  

To be honest, this was the first time I tried a shaker card and I had a little trouble.  Every time I shook the card, sequins kept flying out the top.  LoL.  After several hours minutes of frustration and multiple times of tearing the card apart only to put it back together and have sequins fly everywhere again, I realized I forgot to take the backing off the foam tape along the upper edge.  UGH!  Way to go, Jen!!

Shaker card featuring sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps

While super fun and adorable, this pop-up gift card tag was much easier to create than it may look.  First, I used my Gypsy (I know -- I'm so old school!) to flip / weld together two matching tags from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  After cutting them out, I folding them in half at the seam creating a folder of sorts.  Then, I created a belly band from the green gingham paper to complete the "pocket" effect.  Before slipping in the gift card, I threaded a long length of ribbon through the tag (more than double the length of the tag) and slid the gift card in between the tag layers -- pushing the ribbon down to the bottom of the pocket making sure not to twist the ribbon.  Once the gift card was completely in the pocket. I tied a knot in the ribbon to hold it in place.  To get the gift card out, all you have to do is pull the ribbon and the card "pops" out.  So fun!!



Supplies used:
*Art Philosophy Cricut collection
*Wild Wonders stamp set 
*White Daisy cardstock
*Slate Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sweet Leaf Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Crystal Blue Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Blue Lagoon sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps
*Punches from my stash
*Recollections cardstock / patterned paper from my stash
*Ribbon from my stash

To order any of our fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!